Thursday, April 07, 2005

Journey to the Rainforest - Ola Costa Rica!

One more week and I'm off to the jewel of Central America - Costa Rica. Sandwiched between Nicaragua to the north and by Panama in the southeast Costa Rica has both a Caribbean and a Pacific coast, so any trip there ensures plenty of beach time.

I'm headed to the Pacific coast, to a fabulous spot on the southwest coast of the Nicoya Peninsula, called Nosara, where my friend Hayley and her husband have a house high up in the rainforest. Coincidentally, I have already had the good fortune to have visited Nosara in the past. In 2000, my sister and I travelled for several weeks in CR, mainly the Nicoya Peninsula, and Nosara was our favourite spot on the entire coast - how lucky that my friends keep having the good sense to set up house in the best locations!

My plan isn't too ambitious - I feel the need for serious chill-time, I'm in winter recovery mode and Costa Rica is just the pace I'm looking for at the moment.

Stay tuned for more about my adventures with the Ticos..and visits with the monkeys.

No comments: