Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Zurich - sunny & warm with a touch of the Alps

Looks like the blog is getting pretty good feedback so far from all my travel voyeur friends and I haven't even started my vacation yet... I have had an opportunity to use both my French and my Italian in the past 24 hours though - I'm not sure I was understood, but my intentions were good...

I'm in Zurich (working unfortunately) today and the office I'm in looks out over Lake Zurich and the mountains - it's a pretty sweet location - all I know is the Dow cafeteria here offers 3 different types of Swiss chocolate and a full cappucino bar (I'm definitely working in the wrong location!)

I've yet to see one SUV or mini van either... small cars are the name of the game over here - do you think North Americans will ever catch on?

Anyway, I am off to Barcelona this afternoon - Adios!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nancy:

It's 5 AM, and am procrastinating on the email. Isomnia is such a beautiful thing.

Cool post, glad to see you made it safely. Look forward to seeing the vacation posts.

Not sure if Americans will ever catch on to the small car concept (remember, I'm one of those gas guzzler owners). With kids in care seats, it's tough to cram them into small vehicles.

Hey, the Trek is back on the trail (finally). And, I did not lose a lung on the last ride. Off to the Leelanau and Mission Penisulas week after next for a day of trail riding...

Take care.

Dudley D.