Buon giorno gli amici
Io arrivo in Milano oggi.. where apparently shopping is defined as almost a religious experience and an intrinsic part of Milanese life... judging from the number of shoe stores (no comment Dad) I've seen, this is true.
Also true, the model-thin obsession has carried over from Spain and everyone in Milan is gorgeous - of course, it makes sense - eating only risotto, pasta and tiramisu equals the ultimate in thinness (what?)
I had a personal guided tour today (after realizing halfway through the day that it was actually a holiday in NA so I didn't need to feel guilty about not working) from a friend of a friend of mine in Midland, Maura (oh elegant Milanese woman). She drove me around the city and I got great view of the Castello (the castle), the Chiesa de Santa Maria delle Grazie - it's the church where the painting of the Last Supper by Leonardo Da Vinci is hung - it's called Cenacolo Vinciano - and hopefully I can get into see it before I leave - it's quite difficult, but amazing apparently.
I have already put my italian to good usage, and the locals appreciate anyone trying to manage their language so hopefully I'll continue to get some practice, even though I know I sound like a total idiot (this is probably very satisfying to some of you, picturing me at a loss for words, I know..)
Anyway, I'm here and you're not, so laugh away!
Ciao, a pronto,
Nancy
ps: uhh, yes I slightly figured out that note was from you Budwinksi.. are you having a few nostalgic moments remembering the kid free travel days?
pps: Vera, if you dreamed up the name buddy jr. I'll be forced to shoot you - what kiind of address is that? And yes, I've been eating plenty of chocolate, don't you worry.
1 comment:
Ciao!
When in Milan, make sure to visit the Duomo...The Italians think it's junk because it's not "pure"
Actually it's 1/2 gothic, 1/2 renaissance which I makes it kind of unique...
Also, next to the Duomo is a great open air galleria which has excellent window shopping. (very exclusive)
My mouth is watering for gnoche pasta with portabella mushrooms & garlic...hmmm
Sounds like your having a great trip...
ScottyO
Post a Comment