Hola!
I don't understand why everyone in Spain (the men AND the women) all look like models... it's 29 degrees and about 80% humidity - I'm sweating my ass off and they all look like they stepped out of the pages of Vogue - what's up with that? I stopped at Cafe Salambo for some lunch today and these two girls beside me each ordered TWO desserts, plus some cup of this chocolate syrup and fried bread that you dip into the cup (called xurro am xocolata) - they were seriously about 90 pounds... Vanity sizing would be a problem over here, b/c the women are already size 2!!
Barcelona is a very cool city though - there is a ton of stuff to see, including many architectural works by Antonio Gaudi, the most interesting is the Sagrada Familia, a cathedral that he (long dead) has been working on for almost 100 years and it's still not finished...
Lots of great tapas and mojitos (sorry gang, but it makes American/Canadian food look totally boring)
I'm still stumbling along in my broken Spanish, only to discover that they speak Catalan in this region... (think sort of like Acadian in Canada), however, it's a lot like Italian so they understand that, which has worked out well..
Visited the Barcelona Olympic site and venues - way up on the mountain, plus loads of other cool areas - the city is a great walking city - so, hopefully I am burning off the churros... (maybe the model-thin thing will rub off before I leave... NOT)
Off to Milan domani (tomorrow), so adios for now.
Cheers everyone...
Rhoda - I did get your message, but had already left - good name by the way!
3 comments:
Listen, if I wanted to hear your heaving breath as you ascend some hill in Spain I would have specifically asked for a grunt long ago. Word to the wise...stay away from the tapas....what is supposed to be a little bit of something, somehow turns into a complete meal of little deepfried things. Good for the taste buds...bad for the ass. Ditto for all food in Italy. If you do go to the Cinque Terre...enjoy...it is beautiful. Again, I'm sure you will be looking for big fat Italian ladies, but they are only to be found in bad Canadian Tim Horton's commercials....everyone is beautiful in Europe, I think it is a law that all ugly people stay indoors and clean those holes in the ground they call toilets. I do hope this gets to you Nastcha. I didn't think you were leaving for a few days yet...I have been meaning to call you...again I will use my old stand-by excuse of HAVING MORE CHILDREN THAN I CAN COUNT SOME DAYS!!! (any room on that tour for one more?)
Ciao baby...talk to you soon.
P.S. As I am posted as anonymous, can you guess who I am....think Streisand with polish flair!!
Hey there...
Glad to see you're enjoying the trip. The men and women look like models there because there isn't a McDonalds every five miles. The food sounds wonderful.
Today is one of the main American burger and beer holidays (Labor Day). It doesn't sound as good as the tapas you spoke about. The tapas I have had (granted, Americanized) were wonderful.
Great posts, look forward to seeing the next one.
Dudley D
Post a Comment